I am frequently asked how can I reach out to spirit and why haven’t they shown themselves?
They have. They have made their presence known in various ways. Our filter, our perception is what stands in the way of our abilities. As a follower of mine, you must know that I’m a SKEPTIC. Yes. I admit to being cautious about new methods, approaches or modalities in the spiritual alternative community for a lack of a better description. If I experience something supernatural, I question it. I go through my senses, energetic boundaries and connect with my guides for insight that I may have missed. Is everything real out there? It is not all real. There are groups and people that debunk and create hoaxes online to deceive people. Deception is the least of my worries when investigating psychic phenomena, ghosts or hauntings.
I interchange words frequently; I’ll use spirit or soul, which to me is the same. I’m not a stickler for definitions. You and I reside on earth; we have a body, which hosts our spirit or soul. I can read you alive or passed. Your body dies, not your spirit. I connect with your spirit and to those around you. It seems like a complicated process at times for me, it can be overwhelming and confusing. I discern through my senses and by communicating with spirit. For me, as a medium, people in spirit don’t line up and have a clear and concise conversation with me. With my process I spend time putting together puzzle pieces when I connect with those in spirit.
I rely on my ability to see spirit, which will be in my mind or physically in front of me. I listen, I will hear audibly in the room or in my head. I also feel people in spirit, they will make me feel me pain in my body where their illnesses resided and will make me feel their feelings. The most difficult part for me is feeling emotions. I have boundaries, I request that they don’t overwhelm me and make me cry when I’m in session, however, at times, the experience will get the better of them and the tears stream down my face.
Here are ways to connect with your family and friends in spirit. Commit to using one or several suggestions;
1. Meditate as frequently as possible. It is the quickest way to get out of your head and it will put you in a state of being that is ideal for communicating with those that have passed. It will also reduce your anxiety, stresses of the day and enable you to rest your mind and body.
2. Have a conversation with spirit. They can hear you, if you say it out loud or say it in your head; it is all the same to them. You’ve thought of them many times and immediately you have received confirmation that they were listening. Sometimes a song comes on the radio and you just though about your Aunt in spirit who loved it. She came through for you. Your first impulse is to dismiss your silly thought and ignore it.
3. Don’t dismiss your thoughts and feelings. Investigate them before allowing your logical mind to find an excuse for a bizarre experience or a feeling that just “appeared.” It’s your job to look into it further to determine its significance. This is the most frequent way that spirit gets our attention.
4. Be patient with yourself. Your emotions have a life of their own sometimes. Feel your feelings before attempting to connect with someone in spirit. We are human beings and we sense a thousand different emotions throughout our day. Getting angry and determining that you can’t do this will only set you back. Feel first. Get clarity. Meditate and ask for them to visit you. It’s a simple formula.
5. Lastly, don’t become attached to the outcome. Developing this skill takes time. I teach psychic and mediumship development. It’s best if you’re in a group setting. You receive feedback from fellow students which allows you to see your progress or how you may be sabotaging yourself. These things take time.
Ursula has been a medium since she was a child and enjoys sharing her experiences!